The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC have officially clinched a spot in the 2021 USL Championship Playoffs and now have their eyes on earning a home playoff game.
It's all coming down to the final two games of the season. Switchbacks FC and San Antonio FC are both on 48 points with a home playoff game on the line to host a Pacific Division team in the Western Conference Quarterfinal. The Switchbacks will end their regular season on October 30th against San Antonio FC which is shaping up to be a dramatic regular season finale.
But first, the Switchbacks have to focus on getting the job done in Utah against the Real Monarchs SLC on October 22.
IF the Switchbacks WIN vs Real Monarchs:
IF the Switchbacks DRAW vs Real Monarchs:
IF the Switchbacks LOSE vs Real Monarchs:
*According to the USL Championship, tiebreakers will be achieved by the following criteria, in order of importance:
1. Head-to-Head Points Earned in Regular Season
2. Goal Differential in Head-to-Head Matches
3. Total Points Earned vs. In-Division Opponents
4. Total Wins in Regular Season vs. In-Division Opponents
5. Goal Differential in Regular Season vs. In-Division Opponents
6. Goals Scored in Regular Season vs. In-Division Opponents
7. Number of Disciplinary Points (i.e., fewest disciplinary points).
8. Lottery Conducted by the League