Photo courtesy Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC will look to continue its three-game winning streak on Friday night as it hosts an Orange County Blues FC side that is winless in its last three outings. Kickoff at Switchbacks Stadium is set for 7 p.m. MT.
Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC news and notes
- Current record: 6-2-0, 18 points
- The Switchbacks took their third win in a row last Saturday night as they defeated Arizona United SC 3-1 to move into second place in the Western Conference.
- Josh Suggs and Miguel Gonzalez both scored in the first half, while Saeed Robinson added an insurance goal in the second to wrap up victory on the road.
- Robinson will be unavailable for Friday’s game as he serves the first game of a three-game suspension after being sent off late against Arizona.
- The Switchbacks are a perfect 3-0-0 at home this season, and have yet to concede a goal at Switchbacks Stadium.
Orange County Blues FC news and notes
- Current record: 3-4-2, 11 points
- The Blues are looking to bounce back after falling 3-1 against Real Monarchs SLC last Saturday night on the road in Salt Lake City.
- Orange County ended April on a three-game winning streak, but has yet to win a league game in the month of May, which has seen it slide out of the top eight in the West.
- Blues midfielder Pavle Popara is suspended for Friday night’s game after receiving his fifth yellow card of the season against the Monarchs.
- The Blues have been outscored 9-3 by opponents in the second halves of games this season.
2016 Team leaders
- Goals: Colorado Springs – Martin Maybin, 4; Orange County – Didier Crettenand, 2
- Assists: Colorado Springs – Mike Seth, 3; Orange County – Roy Meeus, 3
- Colorado Springs took a 3-0 win against the Blues at Anteater Stadium on May 8. The two teams split their regular-season meetings a season ago.
- REF: Neil Barbulescu
- AR1: Jacob Herald
- AR2: Eddie Tuggle
- 4TH: Benjamin Oakley
Twitter social handles