*Please contact the Box Office (719-368-8480) if you require ADA seat accommodation. Please be aware that the relocation of these seats is based solely on our ticket availability, so we ask that you contact us ahead of time so the Switchbacks can best accommodate your ADA needs.*
– Gate A located in the NE corner of Weidner Field.
– The McDivitt Club entrance, found on Sierra Madre (includes elevator access)
– Patrons will be required to present a valid ADA placard or license plate to park in an ADA stall. Inventory is limited so we ask that fans that wish to park in these spaces arrive early.
-Parking is found along the West side of Sierra Madre St.
– Located throughout the stadium
– One companion seat per ADA ticket is provided upon request.
* All guests 3 years of age and older must have a ticket to enter Weidner Field
* Guests 2 and under are considered lap children without a seat
* Gates will open 60 minutes prior to the start of the match
* All seating is reserved for guest with valid ticket for the specific event
* All guests entering the stadium are subject to search. Refusal may be grounds to prohibit admission
- One clear bag no larger than 18″ x 12″ x 6″ OR a one-gallon re-sealable bag is allowed.
- A small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5″x4.5″ will be permitted.
- One approved clear bag per ticket holder is permitted
There are no provisions to check items at the gates. Fans will be asked to either take prohibited items back to their car or to the lockers where a fee applies, or dispose of prohibited items at the gate. The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and the stadium are not responsible for items left behind, damaged, stolen, or lost.
Diapers and wipes may be carried in an approved clear bag (diaper bags will not be permitted).
All bags are subject to inspection – no exceptions.
For more detailed information on our clear bag policy, click HERE
* Guests will be denied admission if they appear to be intoxicated.
* Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into Weidner Field.
* There is a two beer limit per possession.
* Sales cease at the 75th minute or at the management’s discretion – a PA announcement will be made to indicate this cut off time.
Smoking is allowed only in the designated smoking area. No smoking outside this area will be allowed, including e-cigs and vape pens.
Once a ticketed guest exits the stadium from an event, that guest is not allowed to re-enter back into the stadium for that event for any reason.
*see weather policy for more details*
* All home games will only be delayed or canceled by Official USL referees
* Delays or cancellations will occur only when play becomes detrimental to player safety
* Delays and cancellations will be immediately communicated to patrons by email and social media
* Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded if the game goes on. If there is a rain cancellation prior to the first half ending, tickets can be exchanged for a future game
In case of Lightning:
Weidner Field weather policy is if a lighting strike is within 5 miles of the stadium there will be a 30 minute delay from the last strike within that perimeter. You are required to exit the metal bleachers and move to the concourse levels. If you choose to leave the facility for further protection, you will be allowed re-entry. This is the only instance where re-entry will be granted.
* Small, compact umbrellas without pointed tips (24″ maximum length); ponchos preferred
* One sealed unopened plastic water bottle, no larger then 17 oz, per person* one 32 oz or smaller reusable bottle – MUST be empty
* Musical instruments are permitted in Supporter’s Section only
* Small, personal cameras (lenses not to exceed 3 inches)
* Blankets (must not extend beyond your ticketed seating area)
* Seat cushions/soft side seat backs under 18” wide (no items with legs permitted)
– Bottles, cans, coolers, and containers
– Outside food or drink (except one sealed unopened plastic water bottle, no larger then 17 oz. per person)
– Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or illegal drugs
– Fireworks, flares, smoke bombs, or similar type items
– Pets or animals of any kind (with the exception of service animals)
– Selfie sticks, professional camera equipment, tripods, laser pointers, etc.
– Water guns, toy/replica weapons, squirt bottles, soap bubbles, etc.
– Soccer balls, beach balls, frisbees, balloons, brooms, skateboards, rollerblades, skates, etc.
– Audio or video recording devices, professional cameras, or cameras with removable lenses larger than 3 inches
– Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management
* Prohibited items discovered during the inspection at the stadium entrances must be returned to the owner’s vehicle, placed in a locker, or discarded. The stadium will not store these devices.
Fireworks Display Not Guaranteed, Dependent Upon Weather Conditions.
Contact Information: 719-368-8480 x119 OR email@example.com.
Hours of Operation: 9 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday. The box office is open all day on event days.
Location: The box office is located along the west side of Sierra Madre St.
* E-tickets can be printed from your personal computer
* Box office will be located on the West side of the stadium (on Sierra Madre)
* Bring a valid ID to pick up your will call tickets
* Additional tickets can be purchased at the box office with cash or credit card.
Ticket discounts cannot be purchased at the box office or on day of game! Purchase ticket deals through the website or call 719-368-8480 for specials!
Gate A (NE Corner) – Main Entrance on Cimarron & Sahwatch.
Gate B (SE End) – Second Entrance on Moreno from Sahwatch
SW – The McDivitt Club Entrance located on Sierra Madre
NW – The Phil Long Club Entrance located on Sierra Madre
No pets, with the exception of certified service animals, are allowed entry to the stadium.
Weidner Field downtown is now a cashless stadium. We encourage all guests to bring and use credit or debit cards at all locations in the stadium.
There are no ATMs located inside Weidner Field.
111 W. Cimarron St, Colorado Springs, CO. 80903 (map)
Weidner Field has distributed parking options shared with the downtown community to better utilize land, increase fan engagement with other businesses, and create numerous vehicle access points to reduce congestion.
- Mountain Metro Bus schedules and locations, click here: Google Maps Bus Directions
- Ride Sharing
- Free bike valet for all home games hosted by PikeRide at the stadium (May – September). Bonus offer: ride a PikeRide to the bike valet tent and PikeRide staff will end your trip for free.
- Ticketing office is located on Sierra Madre Street.
- Stadium Maps
- Stadium Seating Section Map
- Wayfinding Map
*See ADA Information for ADA parking instructions*
Outside food and/or beverages may not be brought into the stadium. One sealed unopened plastic water bottle, no larger than 17 oz, per person is allowed into the stadium.
Reusable bottles 32 oz or smaller may enter the stadium but MUST be empty upon gate inspection. These may only be filled at water fountains around the stadium.
Switchbacks Season Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone, or in person. For online purchase see the stadium seating manifest with pricing here, call 719-368-8480, or visit the Box Office at 111 W. Cimarron St, Colorado Springs, CO. 80903 off of Sierra Madre St.
You can download the Switchbacks FC Mobile App on both Google Play and the iTunes app store now!
Any guest attempting to enter the field of play before, during or after an event without authorization will be removed from the stadium and subject to criminal prosecution and/or fines.
The First Aid Station is located on the concourse behind Section 105 across from our West Side Apparel store. If you need immediate assistance, please notify a staff member or visit any of our informational kiosks.
Sensory kits are available upon request for those guests needing sensory accommodations to help them navigate certain elements of the match. Kits can be located at either one of our two apparel locations on the concourse.
During games, guests may inquire about lost and found items at the two apparel locations found on the East and West side of the concourse, or down at the box office. To inquire about lost and found items after a game, guests can call (719)-368-8480 during business hours from 19:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
If a child becomes lost or separated from their group, they should notify the nearest staff member and security will be informed. A lost child will be taken to West side Apparel location on the concourse. Parents looking for their child should follow the same procedure. We encourage guests to instruct their children what to do if they become lost or separated.